End of a blog - beginning a journal / 1.1.22

 I realize that no one really goes looking for blogs anymore. It’s too time consuming and people aren’t interested in reading as much. So this will be a journal I keep to review my day and look back on what I’ve done an show I feel. 


January 1, 2022

Spiritual: I woke up from a night shift slumber at about 3 and read my Bible. Starting in the NT instead of in Genesis was a great idea. I also let my oldest son read Psalm 1 to the other kids as it was in my reading for the day. I also forgot to pray with them, but my wife is gone and I will find a way to pray with her tonight before bed  

Physical: I lifted weights today. I know I’m gonna be a little sore. Deadlifts had my hammys crying. Can’t do a single pull up or chin up. Wanted to go for a walk but it was a downpour with flooding. Not the best, but progress!

Financial: made double time and a half last night so that’s a big plus!

Mental: reviewed the promises I wrote down and prayed about the first one. The more at rest I am in Christ’s promises, the more likely I am to be at rest in everything else. 

Safety: N/A

Time Management: still on my phone, but I’m about to put it away for the night. Gonna start on my reading for tomorrow. 

Occupation: n/a

Relationships: had a discussion with the kids at dinner about original sin. Explained how the serpent tricked Adam and Eve and how every time they do something that is against our orders for the sake of safety and well being, they are being “tricked by the snake”

Serving others: wife went to a girls night and I put the kids down. She needs more breaks like this. 

Rest and recreation: I revised the intro episode to the Stewardship In All Things podcast and sent it out. I also created a survey for The Punctually Late Show to see what we could improve on  

Overall good day  I feel good about what i have accomplished and thank God for reminding me of how I feel when I don’t just sit around and do nothing all day  





Comments